" Charlotte's Cupcake Corner: Marsh Green Farm Shop Ashover nr Chesterfield

Thursday 9 April 2015

Marsh Green Farm Shop Ashover nr Chesterfield

On our way to Hardwick Hall, we made an impromptu stop at Marsh Green Farm Shop. I've driven past a handful of times and as we share our surname, it's always caught my eye, but ive never had time to investigate previously. 

Well, what a find. There is a gluten free section & many other gluten free items dotted around the shop. 

New products of interest were sweet nothings which are in fact by Jacksons Bakery of Chesterfield. I seem to remember meeting the owner of Jacksons at a Food & Drink Awards ceremony & telling him about my new gluten free cake venture. We compared his cost to make one gluten cupcake with my costs to hand make one gluten free cupcake & I figured I wouldn't be in business too long! Their concept is gluten free and lower sugar. I look forward to tasting one later.
Great selection of crisps & gluten free sausages at the weekend (we just missed those) 
The menu has masses of options for gluten free diners and they use a brand of gf bread that ive seen for sale at other farm shops, which is a tasty one. 
Even spotted Glutenfree pizza bases too 
I ordered an omelette as I failed to satisfy my addiction to eggs this morning, looks great  doesn't it? 
So if, like me, you were wondering whether to pop in or not, I definitely recommend you do! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's great to see there were so many gluten free products on a farm shop shelf! And that they have some products that certainly I've never seen anywhere else before. Can't see your omelette on the plate though!?? Was it buried under the salad!? Good to know you found somewhere new!

    ReplyDelete